Please help with homework The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: Select two of the social institutions
- Select two of the social institutions (i.e. democracy) at which Twain pokes fun. Use specific references to show how he accomplishes this.
- What do you think makes this novel an important record of American culture?
- Point out the weak and strong character traits in Huck. How do his character and personality compare with those of Tom Sawyer?
- Lionel Trilling says that Huck possesses a sense of humor. Do you think this is so? Site examples for a yes or no answer.
- A major unifying element in the novel is an illusion (pretense) vs. reality. Find examples. Explain their significance to Twain’s overall themes.