Please help with homework A Tale of Two Cities Book 2: Ch 2: A Sight
Ch 2: A Sight
1. What does the narrator say is the “precept” of the Old Bailey (London’s big courthouse)? From this, what do you think is the narrator’s attitude toward the justice served by these courts?
2. What are the courts good for according to the narrator?
3. How would you describe the mood of the courthouse? How does the audience’s attention shift from one person in the courtroom to another?
4. Who is on trial? For what crime? Note details in how this character is first described on your character sheet.
5. What is your first impression of the “wigged gentleman” who stares at the ceiling?