Please help with homework A Tale of Two Cities Book 2 Ch 22: The Sea Still Rises
Ch 22: The Sea Still Rises
1. Why does Madame Defarge no longer wear a rose in her hair?
2. Who is Madame Defarge’s friend and fellow revolutionary?
3. Who is Foulon? What sounds accompany their rush to find Foulon?
4. Look closely at the description on p. 225 (“The men were terrible…”). How are the women described? What role do they take for themselves in the Revolution? What are Furies?
5. How is Foulon’s fate appropriate?
6. How is the drum personified at the end of the chapter?