Please help with homework A Tale of Two Cities Book 2: Ch 3: A Disappointment
Ch 3: A Disappointment
1. What is the defendant specifically accused of?
2. How does the narrator characterize the courtroom audience? What metaphor does he use?
3. Note the testimony of Jarvis Lorry and the Manettes. Does their testimony help or hurt the defendant?
4. Note the names of two main witnesses for the prosecution. What do they testify about? How does the defendant’s lawyer respond to their testimonies?
5. Note the names of the two lawyers for the defense. How are the two men different from each other?