Please help with homework The Picture of Dorian Gray: Chapter 1 (Basil and Lord Henry)
Lord Henry: “There is no such thing as a good influence, Mr. Gray. All influence is immoral – immoral form the scientific point of view.” (p19)
- What is the difference between Basil Hallward and Lord Henry Wotton from the beginning?
- What is the relationship between Basil and Dorian, from the beginning to the end?
- Why doesn’t Basil want to exhibit the painting of Dorian?
- In what way does Lord Henry affect Dorian’s character? Why does Lord Henry choose Dorian as his disciple? And what impels Dorian to follow his guidance?
- What is it that Dorian fears?
Asked on 26.05.2017 in English Literature.