Questions from the novel To Kill a Mockingbird (Chapter 11)
- How does Atticus advise Jem to react to Mrs. Dubose’s taunts?
- What does Mrs. Dubose say about the children’s mother? How does Jem feel about this?
- What request does Mrs. Dubose make of Jem? Is this a fair punishment for his “crime”?
- Explain in your own words what Atticus thinks of insults like “nigger-lover.” Do you agree with him? Why or why not?
- Why, in Atticus’s view, was Mrs. Dubose “a great lady”?
Asked on 09.02.2017 in To Kill a Mockingbird.