Tartuffe help with homework: Answer after reading Act V
Answer after reading Act V:
1. Why did Moliere choose to include the actions in Scene 1 – what is the reason Orgon’s character must go through this?
2. How is Dorine’s line in Scene 3 an example of irony?
3. Explain how this play ends with a deux ex machine.
4. What purpose does the Officer fulfill in relation to politics?
5. Evaluate the ending: were you happy with the outcome for all characters? Why
or why not? Did everyone get what he/she deserved?