The Great Gatsby Questions (by Chapter 5)
- What did Nick first think had happened when he arrived home?
- What does Gatsby want to fix at Nick’s house?
- What does Nick say to Daisy on the phone? How does she respond?
- What was the weather like on the day Daisy arrived?
- Describe Gatsby’s attire.
- How was Gatsby acting?
- What time did Daisy arrive?
- What happened when Daisy arrived at Nick’s?
- How did Nick describe Gatsby’s reappearance?
- Explain the clock incident?
- How long has it been since Daisy and Gatsby saw each other?
- What has the weather done? How is it significant?
- What does Nick see when he returns to Gatsby and Daisy?
- Why is Gatsby “freaking” out in Nick’s kitchen?
- How are Daisy’s emotions different from Gatsby’s?
- What two mistakes did Gatsby make while talking to Nick?
- Why does Gatsby question Nick?
- What is Daisy’s response when she sees Gatsby’s mansion for the first time?
- Describe how Gatsby decorated his mansion.
- Explain what happens when Gatsby shows Daisy his shirts.
- What did Gatsby want Klipspringer to do? What was his reply?
- Who is the man in the photo?
- How does Nick feel at the end of the chapter? How does he react?
3. On the phone Nick asks Daisy to come to his place but do not bring Tom. She agrees.
4. On the day Daisy arrived at first, it rains but then the sun comes out. This is symbolic to the relationships between Gatsby and Daisy.
5. To discribe his attire we can use this quote :”Gatsby, in a white flannel suit, silver shirt, and gold coloured tie, hurried in”
6. At first, Gatsby feels awkward and clumsy, like a schoolboy, but then he gets comfortable and relaxed and happy.
8. When Daisy arrived at Nick’s Gatsby suddenly disappeared. But then, when Nick thought he is not coming back, came back.
9. He has gone out a back door and shows up again at the front door, as though he has just stopped by
10. Gatsby knocks Nick’s clock over and tells Nick sorrowfully that the meeting was a mistake
11. It has been 5 years since Daisy and Gatsby saw each other the last time.
12. Sun they came up when they reunited symbolized the warmth in their relationships.
13. He sees that Daisy has been crying but it was happy tears and Gatsby is glowing.