The Great Gatsby Questions (by Chapter 6)
- What did a reporter come to ask Gatsby?
- What was Gatsby’s real name?
- When had Gatsby changed his name?
- What does Nick say Gatsby’s parents were like?
- What had Gatsby been working at before he met Dan Cody?
- Where had Gatsby gone to college?
- What was Cody a product of?
- What did he inherit from Cody?
- What happened to the money?
- Why is Nick telling this part of the story now?
- Who drops in on Gatsby?
- What gave the party “its peculiar quality of oppressiveness?”
- What kind of cards is Daisy giving out?
- What does Gatsby do that aggravates Tom?
- Where do Gatsby and Daisy go during the party?
- What were Daisy’s feelings about West Egg?
- Where does Tom think Gatsby got his money?
- What incident does Tom use to show how Daisy feels about the party?
- Where does Daisy say Gatsby got his money?
- What bothers Gatsby about the evening?
- What does Nick think Gatsby wants from Daisy?
- What do Gatsby and Daisy plan to do when she is free of Tom?
- A reporter. He heard the rumors about Gatsby and came to find out wheater they are true or not.
2. Gatsby’s real name is James Gatz
3. Gatsby changed his name when he was 17 tears old.
4. Gatsby’s parents are “shiftless and unsuccessful farm people…his imagination never realy accepted him as his parents at all”
5. Gatsby worked as a fisherman on Lake Superior until he met Dan Cody and it changed his life forever.
6. St. Olaf in southern Minnesota, janitor (but he only stayed 2 weeks)
7. Dan Cody was an enormously wealthy old man, a millionaire many times over, who had earned his fortune mining silver
8. Gatsby was supposed to inherit 25,000$ dollars
9. Cody’s mistress prevented him from claiming his inheritance
10. To give us more information about Gatsby’s background so we can see that he is not who we think he is