The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 3)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 3?
- Describe the two ways in which Nick differs from the other guests at Gatsby’s party.
- What does Nick think of Gatsby when he first meets him? Use a quotation from the text to justify your answer.
- What does Nick learn about Jordan Baker after he has spent some time with her?
- How does Nick characterize the guests at Gatsby’s party?
- What sense of the Jazz Age do we get from Nick’s description of the party? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. Nick is different because he was the one who was actually invited and because he was the one who did not get drunk.
3. Nick is fascinated with Gatsby. He thinks he is going to be a corpulent businessman but is actually very friendly.
4. He learns that she is a dishonest person. She cheats her way to win.
5. Nick observes the people most of the time he is at the party. Most are businessmen that are very wealthy. They are all fake though because they flaunt it.
6. The lifestyle during the 20s was very luxurious and they had extravagant parties with alcohol and expensive things.