The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 4)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 4?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick about himself?
- According to Jordan, what did Daisy do on her wedding day? Why?
- Why does Gatsby want to have tea with Daisy in Nick’s house? Why doesn’t Gatsby ask Nick for this favor himself?
- How does Daisy behave after Gatsby goes overseas? What does her behavior show about her feelings for Gatsby? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. Gatsby is the son of some wealthy people in the middle west. Brought up in America but educated at Oxford (family tradition).
3. She didn’t get married the day she was supposed to because she got a letter fro Gatsby and couldn’t do it.
4. Gatsby wants to have tea with Daisy in Nick’s house because he knows that if Nick invites her she will come for sure.
5. She’s upset and they were going to wait for each other, so it showed how much she still loved him.