The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 4)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 4?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick about himself?
- According to Jordan, what did Daisy do on her wedding day? Why?
- Why does Gatsby want to have tea with Daisy in Nick’s house? Why doesn’t Gatsby ask Nick for this favor himself?
- How does Daisy behave after Gatsby goes overseas? What does her behavior show about her feelings for Gatsby? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
3. According to Jordan, Daisy cried, threw away the pearls that Tom has given her and almost canceled the wedding because of the letter from Gatsby she has received.
4. Gatsby wants to have tea with Daisy in Nick’s house because he wants her to come alone and he knows that if Nick asks her, she will come.
5. She was really upset and they were going to wait for each other, so we can see how much she still loved him.
2. He said that he comes from a wealthy family, was brought up in America and received education in Oxford, which is a family tradition.