The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 5)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 5?
- What is the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy like initially?
- How are Daisy and Gatsby different when Nick returns to the house after a half an hour?
- What are Gatsby’s feeling by the end of the chapter?
- Why do you think Daisy sobs when Gatsby shows her his shirts? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
- What is the weather like in this chapter? How does it reflect the emotional climate of Gatsby and Daisy? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
2. Initially, their meeting feels awkward and weird. Gatsby feels clumsy and maybe a little bit uncomfortable. But soon the situation gets normal.
3. Daisy looks like she cried and Gatsby looks delighted and somewhat relieved.
4. He was very happy. He got to hold hands with Daisy and everything.
5. Because it showed her that if she had waited just a little bit longer for Gatsby, then he would have money, so her parents would have let her marry him.