RE: The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 6)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 6?
- When does James Gatz change his name? Why?
- What is Daisy’s real response to the party, according to Nick?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick he wants Daisy to do?
- What is Nick’s view of the past? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
3. Daisy was so to say “offended” by the party and this emotion extended to the whole West Egg. As Nick said. she felt like this “because it wasn’t a gesture but an emotion.” It is obvious that she does not have much fun at the party, the only time when she felt good – the time she got to spend with Gatsby alone.