The Great Gatsby Questions (Chapter 6)
- What do you find is the most crucial in the plot in Chapter 6?
- When does James Gatz change his name? Why?
- What is Daisy’s real response to the party, according to Nick?
- What does Gatsby tell Nick he wants Daisy to do?
- What is Nick’s view of the past? Use a quotation from the book to justify your answer.
3. Daisy was so to say “offended” by the party and this emotion extended to the whole West Egg. As Nick said. she felt like this “because it wasn’t a gesture but an emotion.” It is obvious that she does not have much fun at the party, the only time when she felt good – the time she got to spend with Gatsby alone.
4. He wanted Daisy to talk to Tom and say not only that she does not love him anymore, but that she never loved him at all. Because he lives in an illusion and thinks that he can negate previous five years that Daisy spent with Tom and reconnect with her like nothing ever happened.