- What’s the paperweight that Winston admires? Why is it significant in the story?
- Winston thinks, “They could not alter your feelings; for that matter, you could not alter them yourself, even if you wanted to.” (138) Can people change their deeply-held feelings about important topics in their lives?
- Explain the purpose and effects of hating (both the Two Minutes’ Hate as well as Hate Week) in 1984.
- Discuss the significance and purpose of the three Party slogans (War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength).
- Discuss the role of the Four Ministries (Truth, Peace, Love, and Plenty) in the lives of Oceania’s citizens.
Asked on 17.04.2017 in English Literature.