1984 PART II: Chapter I – Discussion Questions
1) What is written on the piece of paper the girl gives Winston at work?
2) What are the two possibilities Winston believes are behind the piece of paper?
3) Winton considers how to meet with the girl. What are two ideas he dismisses and what does he finally decide to do?
4) How long does it take Winston to talk to the girl?
5) Where do they meet?
6) Who is in control of their meetings? Give evidence.
7) Go to the 1984-Media section of the website (or google and find your own). Choose one of the links and make a connection to any part of the novel you have read so far.