1984 PART II: Chapter VIII – Discussion Questions
1) How is O’Brien’s room different from Winston’s flat? Give details.
2) To whom do they raise their wine glasses?
3) State two things Julia and Winston are willing to do for the Party.
4) What does Julia say she will not do?
5) Who wrote the book O’Brien promises to send Winston?
6) Choose one or two lines that attracted your attention. Discuss why.
7) If you had to choose a character in the novel that most closely resembles how you see yourself in relation to the world, who would it be? In 100-200 words, justify this choice using examples from your life.