1984 PART III: Chapter VI – Discussion Questions
1) Where is Winston in this chapter?
2) What a couple of things Winston can do now that he couldn’t before he was arrested?
3) Discuss the symbolism of the chess game Winston plays (with himself…Orwell is so brilliant!).
4) Winston says the story he has just remembered about his family is false. What does this tell you about what has happened to Winston?
5) What, according to the last couple sentences of the book, has happened to Winston?
6) Go to the 1984-Media section of the website (or google and find your own). Choose one of the links and in a minimum 100-word paragraph, make a connection to any part of the novel you have read so far.