The Catcher in the Rye Chapter 22 Questions
- What is the significance of Holden’s wanting to be the “catcher in the rye”? What things has he done, or tried to do, during the course of the novel to try to be the “catcher in the eye”?
- How is the name Holden Caulfield an echo of the title, The Catcher in the Rye?
- How does Phoebe think their father will react to Holden’s expulsion?
- What does Phoebe challenge Holden to do?
- Where does Holden think he might be, despite his father’s wishes?
Asked on 20.04.2017 in English Literature.