The Catcher in the Rye home assignment
- “Holden remains at the end what he was at the beginning: cynical, defiant, and blind.” Do you agree?
- Do you consider Caulfield a misfit or would it be more accurate to say that it is the society that is the problem? Which view do you share and why?
- “Holden is more in flight from lies than in search of truth.” Discuss.
- “The Catcher in the Rye is a boring book story of an over-sensitive, self-conscious adolescent who fails to face up to life and its responsibilities.” Do you agree?
- “ The Catcher in the Rye tells the story of a sensitive youth doomed to frustration and disillusionment in his struggle to find truth and sincerity in a shallow, pretentious world.” Discuss.
Asked on 19.04.2017 in English Literature.