Discussion questions – Scarlet Pimpernel: Chapter XIV
1. Why were the destinies of two brave men about to be pitted against each other?
2. What two brave men?
3. What is the Cabinet Minister’s name?
4. What does Marguerite tell Chauvelin?
5. What time will the Scarlet Pimpernel be in the supper room?
6. Why is Chauvelin so sure that Andrew has not warned the Scarlet Pimpernel?
7. How will Chauvelin and his men confirm the Scarlet Pimpernel’s identity?
8. How long has Chauvelin been trying to find the identity of the Scarlet Pimpernel?
9. When will Marguerite get Armand’s note back?
10. Who is the only guest in the supper room at 1pm? What is he doing?
11. Who do you think the Scarlet Pimpernel is?