Discussion questions – The Things They Carried: Chapter 20: The Ghost Soldiers
Chapter 20: The Ghost Soldiers
1. In what ways does the narrator’s relationship with the platoon change? How does this change affect his hatred
of Bobby Jorgenson?
2. What does the narrator assert bothered him most about this entire episode?
3. In the conflict between the narrator and Bobby Jorgenson, who is the more sympathetic character? Why?
4. Does this story alter your overall opinion of the narrator? Why or why not?
5. How are the narrative style and structure of this story different from the majority of the previous stories?
Asked on 20.05.2017 in The Things They Carried.