Frankenstein Questions (Chapter 5)
- What conventions of Gothic horror are apparent in this chapter?
- Identify figurative language that creates an eerie and ghostly atmosphere in this chapter. Give at least 5 examples
- Identify the foreshadowing in this chapter? What does it foreshadow?
- Identify figurative language that shows Victor’s reaction to his newborn.
- Describe the monster’s behavior, using direct quotes. What do you interpret his actions to mean?
- What is Victor’s reaction to his monster upon their first encounter? Use quotes to support your conclusions.
- Explain why Victor is both fearful and elated when returning home.
- How are Victor and the Ancient Mariner from Coleridge’s poem linked?
- What is Victor’s frame of mind at the end of this chapter?
- How is this pivotal chapter in this novel? What are some events that could occur from here?
Asked on 08.02.2017 in English Literature.