The Great Gatsby Questions Chapter 1 help
- What is Gatsby doing when Nick first sees him?
- Notice how many times Fitzgerald uses the words hope, or dream. Why does he do this?
- Nick starts the novel by relaying his father’s advice “Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.” Does he reserve judgment in the novel?
- Pay attention to time. What is the day and year during the first scene at Daisy’s house?
- Describe Nick. What facts do you know about him, and what do you infer about him? What kind of a narrator do you think he will be?
Asked on 27.04.2017 in English Literature.