Gulliver’s Travels Questions Book Two Brobdingnab: How does Gulliver function as a foil to both the Lilliputians
- How does Gulliver function as a foil to both the Lilliputians and to the Brobdingnagians
- What is Swift saying with their different sizes?
- How have Gulliver’s perceptions of physical reality been changed by his time in Brobdingnag?
- How does Swift’s depiction of the Brobdingnagians reflect on ordinary humans?
- What do you think he is suggesting to us? What is accomplished by so many strange comparisons between creatures of different sizes and shapes?
Asked on 19.06.2017 in English Literature.