Hamlet Questions Chapter Act I, Scene 2: What are some of the political purposes of Claudius
6. What are some of the political purposes of Claudius in the first 132 lines of this scene?
7. In what lines does Claudius indicate that he gets no personal satisfaction from his m
arriage to Gertrude?
8. What two things does Claudius do to try and control the diplomatic mission to the
King of Norway?
9. Why does Claudius ask Laertes four times what the King can do for him?
10. What word does Claudius use to signal the change he hopes in his relationship