Hamlet Questions Chapter Act I, Scene 5: Describe the landscape in which Hamlet’s conversation
24. Describe the landscape in which Hamlet’s conversation with the Ghost takes
25. Explain the significance of the word “rank” in the play.
26. In light of the dominant Protestant theology of the day, what is unusual about the
Ghost’s explanation of where he has returned from?
27. What exactly does the Ghost accuse Gertrude of?
28. What are two reasons why Hamlet does not tell Marcellus and Horatio wha
t the Ghost revealed to him?
29.What does Hamlet ask them to swear? On what does he ask them to swear? Why?