Help with Questions to The Things They Carried: Chapter 15: Speaking of courage
Chapter 15: Speaking of courage
1. On what day does this story take place?
2. What do we already know about Norman Bowker?
3. Why does not receiving the Silver Star haunt him? Why does it seem so important to him that he “almost”
4. Is the conversation between Bowker and his father real or imagined? How do you know?
5. How does Bowker answer Sally’s repeated request to stop using the word “shit” in telling his story?
6. What choice does Norman Bowker make when he lets go of Kiowa’s boot? Why is this decision a lingering conflict for him?
Asked on 20.05.2017 in The Things They Carried.