Help with Questions to The Things They Carried: Field Trip (pages 181-188)
Field Trip (pages 181-188)
1. Why did Tim O’Brien travel back to Vietnam? Why did he bring his daughter along
2. What does Kathleen say to her father that clearly shows the reader she has no clue about the atrocities her father witnessed as a soldier in Vietnam?
3. When Tim was visiting the field where Kiowa died, why does he have difficulty finding any emotion?
4. What does O’Brien leave at the spot where Kiowa died? What significance to Tim does this gesture have?
5. Compare and contrast Tim’s experience to Kathleen’s experience at this time in Vietnam.
6. Who was Kathleen talking about when she referred to a man being mad? Explain Tim’s response to this question.
Asked on 21.05.2017 in The Things They Carried.