Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 5-9: Why does Ishmael not begrudge the joke
- Why does Ishmael not begrudge the joke played on him by Peter Coffin?
2. What is the purpose of the marble tablets in the chapel?
3. Who sat near Ishmael in the chapel?
4. What was Father Mapple’s previous occupation?
5. Describe the pulpit.
6. How did Father Mapple get to it?
7. What biblical character is the subject of the sermon?
8. What was his sin?
9. What happened to him when he was cast into the sea?
10. In what way does Ishmael fulfil his Gospel duty?