1984 PART II: Chapter IX – Discussion Questions
- According to the book, is the economic purpose of the war? (p194)
- Why do the states want to control Africa, the Middle East, Southern India and Indonesia? Explain. (p195)
- The book states that “the labor of the exploited people around the Equator is not really necessary to the world’s economy.” If so, then why capture them at all? (p196)
- What is the purpose of war? Why? Explain in a paragraph or note form. (p196)
- Explain how the following quote relates to the aim of the Inner Party: “But it was clear that an all-round increase in wealth threatened the destruction-indeed, in some sense was the destruction-of a hierarchical society.” (p197)
Asked on 17.04.2017 in English Literature.