Questions from the novel To Kill a Mockingbird (Chapter 12-14)
- Explain why Calpurnia speaks differently in the Finch household than she speaks among her neighbors at church.
- Why does Aunt Alexandra come to stay with Atticus and his family? What is she like?
- Read the first two things Alexandra says when she comes to the Finch house. Do these seem typical of her or not?
- Comment on Aunt Alexandra’s ideas about breeding and family. Why does Atticus tell them to forget these ideas?
- Comment on Atticus’s explanation of rape. How suitable is this as an answer to Scout?
- Why is Scout pleased when Jem fights her back? Why is she displeased when he tells Atticus about Dill?
Asked on 09.02.2017 in To Kill a Mockingbird.