The Iliad help me with homework: Now a strange question: where
- Now a strange question: where do you think Helen’s emotions come from?
- What do you think would happen to Helen if Aphrodite “let go” of her (63)?
- Why does Aphrodite rescue Paris? Why do you think Helen gives in to Paris (63-64)? Vase Painting: Helen meets Paris for the first time (Perseus).
- Why do you suppose Homer organized Book 3 in the following way? a) Battlefield: Hector chides Paris; Paris suggests duel and oaths; Achaeans accept, suggest sacrifice (50-53). b) Troy: Old men converse; Helen and Priam look at soldiers (54-57). a) Battlefield: Priam goes out; sacrifices, oaths; the duel; Aphrodite intervenes (breaks chinstrap; hides Paris in cloud 58-62). b) Troy: Helen and Aphrodite; Helen and Paris (62-64). a) Battlefield: Menelaus looks for Paris (64).
- Give some reasons for why the gods love some men, women, and cities and try to destroy others (65-67). Why does Hera want peace?
- Why do you think breaking the truce brings “glory” to Pandarus (68, 71)?
Asked on 26.05.2017 in English Literature.