Discussion questions – Hamlet Act 3, Scene 4: Why does Polonius hide behind the curtains in Gertrude’s room
1. Why does Polonius hide behind the curtains in Gertrude’s room?
2. What happens to Polonius? What does Hamlet’s reaction say about his state of mind?
3. Describe the heated argument between Hamlet and his mother. What does he accuse her of? How does she react?
4. Why does Hamlet think the ghost reappears in this scene? Why has it actually reappeared?
5. What does Hamlet ask his mother not to do again?
6. How would you describe the atmosphere of this scene?
Asked on 20.06.2017 in English Literature.