Discussion questions – Moby-Dick: The Pequod has several gams at sea
- The Pequod has several gams at sea. Define a “gam” and discuss the importance of any one gam that occurs during the course of the novel.
- Why does Ahab want to kill the White Whale?
- Describe Ahab’s physical appearance and discuss how this adds to the impression of the character.
- Stubb is usually thought of as a carefree, fun-loving guy. Describe what you think of him and use scenes from the novel to ilustrate your impression.
- What is Fedallah’s role in the novel?
- Discuss the following as symbols: the White Whale, Queequeg’s coffin, and Father Mapple’s pulpit.
- How does Father Mapple’s sermon set the tone for the novel?
Asked on 01.06.2017 in English Literature.