Help with Questions to Gulliver’s Travels Part IV Chapter I: When Gulliver first encounters the Yahoos
- When Gulliver first encounters the Yahoos, they surround him and fling what material at him from above in the tree branches?
- What type of animal frightens away the horrible creatures that attack Lemuel in the fields?
- Gulliver comes up with two incorrect theories about the inhabitants of the island after encountering his first Houhyhmhn. What is his first theory regarding the mental traits of the human-masters on the island if the horse is so special? What is his second theory regarding the “magical” nature of the horses?
- While the “horses” examine Gulliver, what causes him to “roar” as he puts it?
- What is a yahoo? What is ironic about Gulliver’s sense of revulsion about seeing these Yahoos?
Asked on 19.06.2017 in English Literature.