King Lear help me with homework: Chaos from conflict of authority is the very essence
- ‘Chaos from conflict of authority is the very essence of the play.’ How far do you agree with this view?
- ‘The end of the play proves that the universe is unjust and that human suffering has no meaning.’ Evaluate this view of King Lear.
- ‘King Lear’s tragedy stems from the fact that he has not taken enough care of his kingdom.’ To what extent can you agree with this view?
- ‘King Lear makes clear how fragile life is – how thinly divided happiness is from misery.’ To what extent is this the way you read the play?
- ‘King Lear promotes patience in enduring life’s hardships rather than striving against one’s fate.’ To what extent do you accept this view?