Discussion questions – King Lear: How does order break down in Britain during
- How does order break down in Britain during the course of the play? Who is to blame?
- Discuss Edmund. Are we meant to find him sympathetic?
- Examine the specific ways that Lear contributes to his fall.
- A tragic hero moves the reader to pity, since his misfortune is greater than he deserves, and he also creates fear since his tragedy might easily befall one of us. To what extent does Lear fit the definition of a tragic hero?
- Discuss either Lear or Gloucester’s movement toward a greater knowledge of himself and his world.
Asked on 03.05.2017 in English Literature.