King Lear, writing homework help: Is Lear a sympathetic character?
- Is Lear a sympathetic character? What about Gloucester? How do our impressions of them change during the course of the play?
- Analyze the function that the Fool serves. Why does he disappear from the action?
- Discuss the relationship between Cordelia and Lear, and compare it to the relationship between Edgar and Gloucester.
- Of the three villains—Edmund, Goneril, and Regan—who is the most interesting? Why?
- Discuss the significance of old age and death in King Lear.
Asked on 03.05.2017 in English Literature.