King Lear, writing homework help: Trace the different stages of Lear’s insanity.
- Trace the different stages of Lear’s insanity. Is it true that King Lear is the tragedy of a “man going sane”, as some critics suggest?
- Discuss the role of the Fool in King Lear.
- What is the significance of the Gloucester subplot?
- Compare Lear’s three daughters. By what means does Shakespeare deepen the contrast between Cordelia and her two sinister sisters.
- Sketch the character of Kent. How is he similar to Lear?