Moby-Dick discussion questions Chapter 123 “The Musket”, Chapter 124 “The Needle”, Chapter 125 “The Log and Line”
- What is the state of the ship’s compass? Is that suggestive, or ironic?
- What is Starbuck’s dilemma in this chapter? How do you feel about the resolution he achieves here?
- In what sense are the actions in this chapter representative of Ahab and his crew?
- What disagreement occurs in this chapter? Who turns out to be right? Is that significant?
- How is Ahab’s behavior at the end of the chapter surprising? For what possible reason can he feel the way he does?
Asked on 05.06.2017 in English Literature.