Moby-Dick discussion questions Chapter 30 “The Pipe” and Chapter 31 “Queen Mab
- What new impression of Ahab do you get in this chapter? For what reason did he smoke and what does it mean that he discards his pipe?
- To what does Ishmael compare Ahab in this chapter?
- Summarize Stubb’s dream and what he learns from it.
- Why is Ahab a pyramid in the dream? What does that suggest about him and about Stubb’s attempt to kick him?
- In what ways is the merman a reflection of both Ahab and Stubb?
Asked on 02.06.2017 in English Literature.