Moby-Dick discussion questions Chapter 37 “Sunset”: According to Ahab’s first sentence
- According to Ahab’s first sentence in the chapter, what does he leave behind him? How does that relate to Moby-Dick? What are the connotations of whiteness here?
- What else do you learn about Ahab in this soliloquy?
- To what does Ahab compare the “great gods” in this chapter?
- How do you feel about Ahab at this point? Has this chapter altered your sentiments, especially since the previous chapter?
- How might the chapter title be symbolic?
Asked on 02.06.2017 in English Literature.