Moby-Dick discussion questions Chapter 43 “Hark!” and « Chapter 44: “The Chart”
- How does this chapter add suspense to the novel? To what mysterious event from earlier in the book does it relate?
- What do the charts Ahab pores over tell him?
- Describe the strange behavior Ahab occasionally exhibits. Summarize what causes it.
- Explain how the last few sentences of the chapter equate Ahab and Moby-Dick.
- In what ways does the comparison with Prometheus make sense? In what ways is it, perhaps, ironic?
Asked on 02.06.2017 in English Literature.