Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 32-35: What is cetology
1. What is cetology?
2. What whales are in the first category of large whales?
3. What did the term “specksynder” mean originally and what has it come to mean?
4. In what ways does Ahab observe the traditions of his rank?
5. What is the atmosphere of the captain and his mates’
6. Why does Flask frequently go hungry?
7. What is the atmosphere of the harpooners’ dinner?
8. How many masts are kept manned?
9. Upon what do the watches on the mastheads stand?
10. Why does Ishmael keep such a “sorry guard” when he stands the masthead watch?