Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 36-40: What does Ahab nail to the mast
1. What does Ahab nail to the mast?
2. Who will win the Spanish coin?
3. What distinguishing characteristics does Moby Dick have?
4. Who objects to Ahab’s purpose?
5. What is Ahab’s emotional state as he talks of the whale’s taking off his leg?
6. What sound comes from the hold?
7. On what does Ahab place his hand as the crew swears an oath?
8. What is the oath the crew swears?
9. What is Stubb’s reaction to all that has happened?
10. What are some of the nationalities represented by the