Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 5 -8: What surprises Ishmael about the men at breakfast
- What surprises Ishmael about the men at breakfast?
- What reason does Ishmael give for New Bedford’s prosperity?
- What is the focus of attention in the church as Ishmael makes his entrance?
- What do these items foreshadow?
- Find one other example of foreshadowing in Chapter 7.
- Explain the simile, “Faith, like a jackal, feeds among the tombs”
- Explain the following metaphor: “Yes, the world’s a ship on its passage out, and not a voyage complete; and the pulpit is its prow.”
Asked on 01.06.2017 in English Literature.