Moby-Dick Questions Chapters 52-54: Why does the Albatross have a spectral appearance
1.Why does the Albatross have a spectral appearance?
2. What was the “ominous incident” that occurred when the Pequod met the Albatross?
3. Why was Ahab bothered by the fish swimming away from his ship to follow the Albatross?
4. What is a gam?
5. When a captain is being rowed to another boat for a gamming, why is his position precarious?
6. What is the frame in which the Town-Ho’s story is told?
7. When did the incident involving Radney and Steelkilt occur?
8. What was the source of Radney’s hatred of Steelkilt?