Please help with homework Hamlet ActV, 5.2: In lines 1-90, describe how Hamlet brought on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’s fate.
- In lines 1-90, describe how Hamlet brought on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’s fate. How does he feel about his old friends?
- Look closely at Hamlet’s speech in lines 235-237 (and its translation on the left-hand page): “The readiness is all. Since no man of aught he leaves knows, what is’t to leave betimes? Let be.” How has Hamlet’s attitude changed?
- Note all the stage directions in the middle of the scene. How does the fencing match unfold? Who is winning? (We will watch a film version to clarify everything)
- How does Hamlet get his revenge? Does he? How would you characterize the finale?
- What is fitting about Fortinbras’s appearance at the end of the play. What is ironic? What is surprising about his treatment of Hamlet?
Asked on 21.06.2017 in English Literature.